With 150 beds, two large outpatients’ clinics, one in the nearby urban area, and 79 satellite clinics, Anandaban served over 47,000 leprosy and general patients in 2018.
Sadly, Anandaban’s buildings were damaged in the 2015 earthquake but reconstruction of the wards and staff housing is nearly complete – much of this has only been possible thanks to your generous donations!
In 2018, your generosity has helped us, in partnership with other TLM offices around the world, to support a wide variety of initiatives:
- 7,962 people directly affected by leprosy benefitted from services
- 1,913 ulcer cases were referred to Anandaban hospital where surgeries, ulcer treatment and management occurred
- 166 reconstructive surgeries were carried out
- 941 beneficiaries received protective footwear
- 20 beneficiaries received prostheses
- 3,451 received assisted support devices such as crutches, cranes and wheelchairs